Banana Egg Pancakes are a big hit in our home. The kids love them because they taste great and I love them because they’re FAST and don’t contain dairy or gluten.
Our family is not dairy or gluten intolerant, but because those ingredients are in EVERYTHING these days, I try to limit them when possible to help our family have a healthier diet.
Here’s my Banana Egg Pancake recipe. It feeds three small kids with a small appetite. Double this recipe for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Banana Egg Pancakes
Gluten Free and Only 2 Ingredients
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- Mash bananas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
- Combine ingredients.
- Heat an iron skillet (that’s well seasoned) over medium heat.
- Melt a little pastured butter in the pan.
- Pour apple sized circles of batter in the skillet.
- Flip to cook the other side.
- You’re done! Pour a smidgen of maple syrup on top and you’re good to go!
- Do not combine all the ingredients into one bowl until the bananas and eggs have been thoroughly mashed and/or whisked. This will save you a lot of time.
- Make sure your pan is non-stick. I use a iron skillet but this one would work too.
- Grass fed or pastured butter tastes better and is better for you. Get you some!
- If you can’t find pastured butter from a farm or something, Kerry Gold butter is AMAZING. Even Wal-Mart sells it.
- Serve with berries. Your kids will love you for it.
- You could also pour honey, or cane syrup over it too instead of maple syrup. The sky is the limit!
- Many people enjoy adding things like vanilla extract for more flavoring. Delicious!
- A TBS of protein powder or flax seed flour would thicken it up and add some more nutrition.
I meant to take a picture of the beautifully plated food and a video of my kids thanking me for my amazing cooking skills. But, I think this picture says a lot.
THEY LOVE THESE BANANA PANCAKES!
Check out my NEWEST eBook: A Simple Guide to the Hard Parts of Labor! What's inside? ---->> ALL of my best information about getting through the hard parts of labor. Want a copy? Simply click the image above, follow the prompts, and it will be delivered to you today!