Benefits of a Moby Wrap
- Moby wraps are my favorite baby carrier for infants.
- They are excellent for holding babies and toddlers when you need your hands free for other things.
- In cooler weather it’s a nice way to keep baby and mama warm.
- They are comfortable to wear and distribute the weight of the baby evenly on mom’s shoulders.
Boba and Moby wrap baby carriers are awesome and I have one of each. They’re basically the same, except the Boba is slightly more stretchy.
If you have the money, I highly recommend buying one of those wraps. You’ll love it! Here is more information on where to buy the best newborn baby carrier under $100.
However, if you don’t have $50 you can easily make one on your own.
DIY Moby Wrap
- Buy 3 yards of stretchy jersey fabric. Pick a color complements your coloring, not necessarily pink for a girl or blue for a boy. This fabric will be wrapped around your body and will be more like an accessory, so choose your color wisely!
- At home cut the fabric in half, lengthwise right down the middle. Cut as straight as possible.
- Put the two ends of the fabric together so that you have a thinner, super long piece of fabric.
- Sew the two ends together. Reinforce the stitch so that it won’t pull out when you put tension on it.
- Wrap your baby!
When Gabriel was an itty baby (couldn’t hold his head up), I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to get him in there! He would start fussing while I was adjusting and wrapping, it was hotter than the hinges of hades so I was sweating at this point, and usually I just gave up!
Keep trying and ask a friend who uses these wraps for help – that’s what helped me the most.
Happy Baby Wearing,